Membership in the Glenview Art League is open to all artists and everyone interested in art. To join: download the Membership Form above, print the form and fill it out, then mail the completed form along with a check made out to Glenview Art League ($30 for individual/family $15 for student) to the address listed on the form.
If you are an artist, becoming a member entitles you to a portfolio listing in our online Artist Gallery! Once you are a member, you can submit up to 20 images (see specifications) and a biography to Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specifications for submitting images: – longest dimension should be 1920 pixels – .jpeg size should be about around 2 MB – resolution should be 72 dpi – include your name and the title of the work in the file name. You can submit your bio in the text of the email.
The Glenview Art League is a Community Service Organization Supporting Artists and Art Enthusiasts, the Glenview Art League is a non-profit organization (501c3 pending) formed in 1954 by a group of community artists and those who wanted to share their ideas and love of art. We sponsor a number of activities as follows:
- Summer Outdoor Art Fair This juried fair features original works of art by over 100 artists from around the country. The fair is held on the last Saturday and Sunday in July on the grounds of Lyon School at Lake St. and Waukegan Rd. in Glenview. Cash and purchase awards are given. We provide entertainment for your enjoyment, and Refreshments are available.
- Saturday Drop-in Workshops This is an “idea exchange”, where members can pursue individual artwork and have the opportunity to receive critiques and help from other Glenview Art League members.
- Monthly Meetings & Art Demos These educational and entertaining demonstrations by well-known artists in various media are open to the public and free of charge.
- Saturday Outdoor Sessions These excursions to local points of interest will allow artists to paint or sketch in interesting outdoor settings whenever the weather allows.
- Newsletters A monthly newsletter is sent out to members informing them of league activities and news items.
- Spring Fling This social event with a dinner buffet is held each year in April for Art League Members and friends.
- And More… Members are encouraged to get involved, volunteer to help at events and to share their love of art!